Stop press – headline act announced!
We are pleased to announce that Osibisa will be headlining the Music Night. Get your tickets quickly! The couldn’t be hotter.
So you wanna be a rock ‘n’ roll star?
And we want to raise as much as we can for the East Africa Crisis Appeal.
Don’t hide your light under a bushell – contact Guitar Steve or Julie if you want to play at this music night in aid of this great cause.
We’ve got a great line-up: a fabulous group of ten-year-olds to kick off the night, some of our regulars: welcome back to Pete Lavis and Paul Cunha, some great new performers and, of course, our headline act, Osibisa.
There really will be something for everybody.
There’s no need to worry – if you fancy yourself behind the mic Steve has bravely volunteered – for a small donation to the East Africa Crisis Appeal – to play for anybody who needs accompanying. Drop him a line with your song choice(s).
- A stall selling African artisanal products brought back recently from East Africa by our own Kirsten;
- A fabulous cake stall – so if you make fabulous cakes please feel free to contribute! Please let us know;
- A sealed bid auction of promises (and we’re still collecting so if you feel inclined to offer an evening’s baby-sitting or a couple of hours gardening do get in touch); current offers include tennis coaching, gardening, china restoration, baby-sitting and more….. What’s a sealed bid auction?
- Tennis shwopping! Have you got unwanted tennis items that somebody else could use?
- The racquet you couldn’t get on with, that unwise tennis dress, even ball clips and dampeners – everything welcome. Bring your own and replace with somebody else’s for a small donation.
- Rounding off the evening with dancing to a live band Osibisa.
Want to help?
Drop either Steve or Julie a line with your offers and suggestions.
Of course – if you can’t make it – you can always just go and donate to the cause. Our just giving page is here.